It's the reverse of the late afternoon runs, when the ground-jolting thunder of more than 70 horses racing by the main lodge on their way to the pasture attracts a crowd. As the herd gallops back through the gate and into a meadow, both led and surrounded by wranglers, guests return to their cabins to get ready for the evening.
- Visit Vista Verde Guest Ranch to learn more about horseback riding, cattle drives and fly fishing vacations at this Colorado ranch.
- Tips on Planning for a Dude Ranch Vacation.
- Where to find Cattle drives.
- Find more places to go hiking, climbing and mountaineering.
- Experience mountain biking vacations at high altitudes
- About.com's Guide to Horses offer Essential Horse Manners.
- About.com's Guide to Fly Fishing offers Intro to Fly Fishing.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary services for review purposes. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our Ethics Policy.