What type of adventure travel appeals to you?
By Lois Friedland, About.com Guide
- Popular Adventure Travel
- Family Adventure Travel
- Dive, Snorkel and Other Water Sports
- Zip Lines and Sky High Adventure Travel
- Voluntourism --- Volunteer Travel Changes Lives
- Ecotourism Trips and Vacations
- Resorts and Regions for Adventure Travel
Popular Adventure Travel
What type of adventure travel is most appealing to you?
- Top 10 Types of Adventure Travel
- Take the Best Bike Trips on the Planet
- Find the World's Best Multisport Trips
- Top Resorts for Skiers and Snowboarder Seeking Extreme Terrain
- Mountaineering, Hiking, Rock Climbing and Ice Climbing
- Mush Those Huskies on a Dogsled Tour
- Wilderness Survival & Other Outdoor Courses
- Edventures - Educational Vacations With Fun Ways to Learn
Family Adventure Travel
Taking the family on an adventure travel vacation can strengthen family bonds or be a disaster. Tips to plan family adventures and companies who offer great vacations.
- Sources for Finding Family Adventure Travel Vacations
- Companies Specializing in Family Adventure Travel
- Tips for Planning Fammily Adventure Trips
- Popular Family Vacations Chock-full of Adventure Travel
Dive, Snorkel and Other Water Sports
Scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking and canoeing are just a few of many ways to get wet. Prefer to stay drier? Try adventure cruising.
- Go Scuba Diving & Snorkeling in Aquariums
- Find the Best River Rafting Trips
- Top 5 Picks for Scuba Diving Off the Shore
- Have You Gone Bog Snorkeling?
- Riverboarding - An Extreme Whitewater Ride
- Photos of Molokai, Hawaii: An unspoiled island for adventurous travelers
- How to Start Scuba Diving
- Before You Book a Cold Weather Cruise to the Antarctica
Zip Lines and Sky High Adventure Travel
Stroll on canopy walkways 100 feet above the ground, slide from one treetop to the next on a zip line, or float overhead in a hot air balloon. How about sky diving, parasailing or piloting a fighter plane.
- Top Zipline Adventures - Find Canopy and Zip Line Tours
- You Don't Need Lengthy (If Any) Training for These Sky High Adventures
- Watch Through Cams as Sherpas Climb Mount Everest
- How To Take a Zipline or Canopy Tour
- Start Rock Climbing - -Enjoy the Natural Highs
- Helicopter Scenic Trips
Voluntourism --- Volunteer Travel Changes Lives
Travelers who take volunteer vacations say: "This trip changed my life." Go scuba diving to help reef rescue efforts, read to kids at an orphanage, or rebuild homes after a natural disaster. These organizations will start you on your way.
- How to Decide if VolunTourism -- Volunteer Travel -- Is for You
- Top Sources for Finding Volunteer Travel
- Voluntourism -- Volunteer Travel in the United States
- Global Voluntourism - Volunteer Travel Around the World
Ecotourism Trips and Vacations
Ecotourism trips set you in stunning natural habitats, such as jungles or mountains, and let you meet locals in a way that minimizes any ecological impacts.
- Top 10 Natural and Wildlife Adventure Travel Trips
- Before You Buy - -Tips for Planning an Ecotourism Trip
- Wild Planet Adventures
- Island Expeditions with Seacology
Resorts and Regions for Adventure Travel
These resorts and regions in North America and around the world are wonderful places to explore, whether you want to stretch your body or your mind.
- Vail, Colorado - Adventure Travel Paradise Summer and Winter
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming - Ski, Visit Yellowstone and more
- Top 10 Reasons to Visit Yellowstone National Park in the Winter