Looking for the best beach vacation destinations for a summer getaway? Our About.com Travel Guides share their picks for some of the best beaches around the globe. Whether you're looking for beaches where you want to go surfing, cliff jumping, and kayaking, or just want to sit under an umbrella and sip margaritas all day, we've got you covered.
Photo Beach at Manuel Antonio Park, Costa Rica (c) Roberto Ramos
- Great beaches for adventures from coasteering and skimboarding to nude bathing and sea kayaking.
- Beaches for honeymooners and others who want to cuddle with their significant oiler in the USA.
- Our Florida Travel Guide's pick for the top-10 Florida beach vacations.
- Here are the top-five beaches in Miami for families, scenery, people-watching, solitude, and nude sunbathing.
- With over 600 miles of shoreline, the beaches in Texas have no shortage of sand for sun lovers.
- Visit the beautiful lakes, rivers, and beaches in the Southwest US.
- Head to beaches on the Oregon Coast for active vacations.
- Did you know that beaches in national parks are sunny and sandy destinations for R&R?
- Escape the urban canyons and hit the beaches in Chicago.
- Our Hawaii Travel Guide has everything you need to know about beaches in Hawaii.
- Go south of the border and visit one of the top-10 beaches in Mexico.
- You'll find plenty of beautiful beaches in Canada.
- Get our Caribbean Travel Guide's picks for the best beaches in the Caribbean.
- Imagine yourself visiting one of these spectacular beaches in Nassau, Bahamas, including ones on Cable Beach.
- Our Budget Travel Guide has great tips for relaxing on beaches in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Bermuda's pink-sand beaches have a stunning tint and soft sand.
Photo: Barafundle Beach in Wales (c) Visit Wales 2011
- What the beaches in England and Wales lack in tropical charm, they make up for in sheer drama.
- Scandinavian beaches aren't high on many travelers' radar, but these countries have endless stretches of sand.
The South Pacific
- Honeymooners and couples seeking romance should lie on the sexy sands of French Polynesia's beaches.
- Take sunset camel treks on a palm-fringed coast, or go parasailing on Cable Beach in Western Australia.
- Thailand's beaches have distinct personalities, from stretches of sand you can only reach via boat, to secluded bays surrounded by cliffs, to Phuket's popular Patong beach.
- Sip drinks with little umbrellas in them and relax on chaise lounges on beaches in Yalong Bay just outside Sanya, Hainan Island's second largest city.
- This Chinese city is famous for its beer, but Qingdao beaches are popular too, with plenty of places to soak up the sun.
- El Nido, a mini-archipelago of limestone islands with diving spots, rock formations, and hiking trails, is one of the Philippines' unspoiled beach havens.
- You can build sandcastles on the beaches of Hong Kong's islands.
- Bali's beaches are a surfer's dream.
- Enjoy beach safaris in Africa.
- Rio de Janeiro is always a top destination for beach vacations in Brazil.